Our standard 5- day Electroexplosive Device Training Course has been offered at our location for the past 30 years. We can also present short courses in Electroexplosive Safety, tailored to your particular needs, at your location. We have made such presentations for more than 45 governmental and industrial sponsors. Click Here to Register
Titled Electro Explosive Devices: Functioning, Reliability, and Hazards, the next course will be January 25-29, 2021 at Franklin Applied Physics. The fee for the course is $2,060.00 (does not include food or lodging). Please Click Here for our Course FAQ Page detailing logistics, hotel deals, etc.
Major topics covered included:
▪ definitions and history of explosives
▪ types of pyrotechnics, explosives and propellants
▪ types of EEDs including semiconductor bridges, laser initiated devices, exploding bridgewires, flying plate initiators, carbon bridges
▪ explosive trains and systems, fuzes, safe-arm devices
▪ sensitivity and functioning mechanisms
▪ EED statistics including Bruceton and Langlie tests
▪ output and applications
▪ safety versus reliability
▪ hazard sources — lightning, static electricity, electromagnetic energy (RF, EMP, light, etc.), heat, flame, impact, vibration, friction, shock blast, ionizing radiation, hostile environments, and human error
▪ precautions, safety practices and Standard Operating Procedures
▪ thermal modeling of EED firing characteristics
▪ accuracy, precision, and repeatability of EED thermal parameter evaluation
▪ use of EED thermal parameters in evaluation of lot-to-lot variation and quality control
▪ use of EED thermal parameters in aging evaluations
▪ accuracy and repeatability of Langlie and Bruceton evaluations
Many of these subjects are in a state of maturing development; we present not only background, but also state-of-the-art developments.
The emphasis of this course is safety through understanding of the underlying physical phenomena. It is of particular benefit to EED handlers, their supervisors, safety engineers, instructors, designers, R&D personnel, quality control personnel, and inspectors.
Note: Our three-day Electroexplosive Device Training Course is no longer being offered on schedule, but we can provide it or the 5-day course described above at your location, or we can tailor a course to your company’s specific needs. Contact us for details.